Tuesday, August 19, 2008

NYR vs. NSH – Already on the Calendar

I can’t wait for this matchup: Finally the NY Rangers will be playing the Nashville Predators – first time since Jed Ortmeyer was relieved of his contractual obligations in NY and Nashville picked him up at the end of last year.

The down-side: the game is in Feb09 in Nashville, and Jed will miss out on the NY “welcome back” that he so deserves. Possible up-sides: I have an excuse to take a road trip and/or subscribe to Center Ice. Okay, it’s only one game, but to me, it exemplifies the need to have all the teams play eachother, even if it is only once. I won’t get on my soap box about how they should up the frequency of these inter-divisional matches, but suffice it to say that this is a step in the right direction.

Along those lines, I’m looking forward to the NYR/Maple Leafs games to see how Ryan Hollweg fares against his former team. He may get a mix of cheers and jeers – assuming he has a regular role on the Leafs’ fourth line, and also assuming they roll 4 lines.

Neither Jed nor Ryan have played for any other NHL teams, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Come to think of it, I look forward to Jed & Ryan playing eachother! Sign me up for Center Ice!!!

5 comments:

Dirk Hoag said...

Come on out to Music City and take in the game; it'd be a lot more fun than just watching the game from home!

Lucky13 said...

Hey Dirk! You're right - that's alot more fun. I'm thinking about going. Went last year and had a blast. Gotta score me some tix. Hopefully Jed will be game-ready and hanging out at the Beer Cellar!

Rachel said...

You should totally come to Nashville for this game! It's one of my most anticipated match-ups of the season as well as I can't wait to finally see the Rangers again. Seriously...come to the game.

Kerri said...

Dude, what about the Omsek match up? lol.

Personally, I'm more into the Stars match up than Nashville, but I can't wait to see Jed again, either. (I really wish we could get that 4th line from three years ago back together... I'm not kidding when I say that could make or break this high profile team.)

Lucky13 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.