I’m listening to it right now and I have to admit, I find it very amusing. It features Nicklas Backstrom, Patrick Kane and Jonathon Toews and outside of the monotonous typical responses, there are little nuances that I’m enjoying. Click to listen.
- Toews follows up all of Kaner’s responses with “yeah I agree” or “I think Patrick said it.”
- You can tell Nicklas Backstrom doesn’t do that many interviews. After the question, “can you give us your thoughts on all of the other great rookies in the league?” he responds with, “I think there's a lot of good players, I mean, I think a whole bunch of young players have stepped up this season, I mean, I think it's special for us. I think there are many good, young players.” There are many good, young players…interesting Nicklas. Then after the question, “could you share the best tip you’ve received this year?” he responds brilliantly with, “I think there's a lot of young players out there…I don’t have a good answer, sorry.” Oh poor Nicklas.
- Toews responds in complete French to some callers…and I wonder what all of the laughing was about…
- Whoever transcribed it on the Blackhawks website made Nicklas Backtrom sound like an idiot. Whereas the mass amount of fillers Toews and Kane used weren’t included…mysteriously.
- Kane sounded as though he’s been talking to the media for years, as usual.
Who do you girls think is going to win it?