Tuesday, March 20, 2007

All aboard!

Well, my team missed the playoffs last year, and I supported the Edmonton Oilers during their Cup run for the playoffs last year. It's not the case of bandwagoning for me, though. The Edmonton Oilers has always been my second favorite team, so it was just natural for me to cheer on them.

I used to think I have a "Canadian teams first" policy when it comes to playoff support, but this was proven wrong when the Calgary Flames eliminated the Vancouver Canucks in the first round of the 2003-2004 playoffs. I really tried to cheer for Calgary to win their next following rounds using that "GO CANADA" mentality, but I found that I felt indifferent (bitter? :P) towards their team, and did not care whether they won or lose. In other words, I couldn't jump in their bandwagon.

So, generally, I just cheer for my next favorite teams during the playoffs.

No comments: