Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year, New Goals

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I have yet to tackle a creative challenge - I'm just not that creative. But this week's challenge seemed to be one I could wrap my tiny, tired little brain around, so I'm sucking it up and giving it a shot.

New Year's resolutions...well, I'm very critical of my boys (I insult and berate because I love), so this one shouldn't be too tough. I could probably find something for every player on the roster and even some in the AHL, but I'll spare you. Maybe I'll do a cross-post on my own blog with all the players...

Anyways, here goes:

- Alex Ovechkin - Score a hat trick on March 21 in Buffalo, then lay a nice clean open-ice check on Briere; finish the season with 60 goals and 60 assists

- Olie Kolzig/Brent Johnson - Reduce the number of sticks smashed over the crossbar

- Richard Zednik - Finally get healthy and stay that way!

- Dainius Zubrus - When an empty net presents itself, actually shoot the puck at the net and not wide or over the top...

- Brooks Laich - Record first 10+ goal season of career

- Chris Clark - Keep all remaining teeth

- Donald Brashear - Score first goal as a Capital en route to first Gordie Howe hat trick as a Capital

- Whole Team - Playoffs. Seriously. I miss waving the white pom-pom! You don't even have to win the series, just make it interesting...

...unless you're playing the Penguins in the first round. Then a win is required. Otherwise, I fear for my sanity.

2 comments:

Jordi said...

Oh a Gordie Howe hat trick. I'd actually like that. (dangit I'm developing a soft spot for Brashear).

CapsChick said...

Honestly, if you watch him enough he starts to grow on you...he's not as one-dimensional a player as people think he is (although I understand the perception, having held it myself at one time!)