Where the players play (sing along to the rest of the Ludacris song in your head). I am super excited to be a part of this great collection of lady hockey fans. When I found the blog and saw that my beloved Thrashers had no coverage, I knew I had to represent! I am originally from Mobile, Alabama which oddly enough, is where I found hockey. I started following the ECHL Team, The Mobile Mystics. I moved to Atlanta (so did they incidentally, now the Gwinnett Gladiators), met my husband who was a hockey nut and the love for the game (and him) bloomed. Now I am also obsessed with taking pictures at hockey games, that's why I started my blog: http://gettingpucksdeep.blogspot.com/
3. Your least favourite team and why?
4. Your favourite player of all time & now?
5. Which hockey player is your least favourite and why?
6 What do you hope to gain from joining HLOG?
I want to meet other hockey loving women from around the league. I also want to show that there are many passionate and knowledgeable hockey fans, especially women, in Atlanta.
7. What role do female fans contribute to the game of hockey? What does female fan support do for the league/team/player she supports?
I think that female fans contribute the same thing to the game as males do, we just look better while doing it. I think that good female fans help erase the stereotype of women who just go to the games to look at hot players or to be seen. People kind of expect guys to be into sports, but when you have a woman who is in to hockey, that helps show what a fantastic sport it is and would possibly attract other fans. As a female fan in Atlanta, I feel like I'm an ambassador of sorts for the Thrashers and as many fans as I can get into the game, the better.
Goalies. I'm a complete goalie nut. I love everything about them. I love that everything about them is different from the other players on the ice. Different equipment, different rules, different training, I love that "last line of defense" aspect of the position. I'm the only person I know who enjoys more shots on goal and less scoring.
9. If you could make your own team, regardless of whatever players, what would it be called and where will it be/how would it be like?
10. Who gets your squee and why? (keep it short & sweet, y'all!)