Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weekly Topic 1: Go Penguins!

Being in the West, I couldn't pick a Western Conference team to follow besides my Preds. But I have to be honest, the Eastern Conference is A BLAST to watch. This year was my first to start watching teams in the Eastern Conference, and I have a hard time just choosing one. BUT after watching a ton of great games over the season, I've got to say I'm pulling for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

It's really a three-way tie between the Rangers, the Flyers, and the Penguins. I have always loved the Rangers (and it helped even more after getting Jed Ortmeyer). Then after losing so many of our players to the Flyers, I became a fan to watch all of our old boys play together. And then out of the blue, I watched a Penguins/Capitals game this season and fell in love with the Penguins. I'm not a huge fan of the all-star players. Yes, I'm happy to have the Alexander Ovechkins or Sidney Crosbys because they bring so much attention to the sport in the mainstream media. But when I can, I usually favor the less popular teams in the league. That being said, I was surprised how much I enjoyed watching the Penguins play. I don't know why, but I love watching that team! They have a great energy and are always fun to watch.

Ahh honestly I love watching everyone play! But for my bracket's sake, I hope to see the Penguins go all the way during the playoffs...until Nashville beats them in the Stanley Cup Finals. (A girl can dream!)

(One more side note for the night: Congrats to the Avs! Another team I was rooting to head to round two!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been rooting for the penguins as well! They are a lot of fun to watch. I'm also looking for your Preds. 2'o clock today on NBC. Booyah!