Thursday, February 28, 2008

Where has the season gone?!

Trade deadline already has come and gone? Wow. I'm a slacker.

SO. Everyone was speculating about a move of Sharks Captain, Pat Marleau. Didn't happen. I didn't think it would. I just had a feeling (Shut up.... the force is strong with me) he'd stay with the team despite his obvious clashing with the coach.

HOWEVER, they did make a trade. The Sharks acquired D-Brian Campbell and a 2008 7th round pick for F-Steve Bernier and a 2008 1st round pick.

I think this was a good move for the Sharks. The team has ample strength in the forward department and the defense and power play both have left a little to be desired. Campbell provides great skating speed and has the ability to help the sharks put up some numbers.

Campbell was really emotional about the trade at first, even tearing up a little as he talked to the press. After all, he did spend 10 seasons there. But he said he's excited to join the Sharks and is getting over the initial shock and sadness. He's played with both Mike Grier and Curtis Brown and told NHL.com that he played summer hockey with Joe Thornton when they were youngsters, growing up not too far from one another.

UPDATE:
WHAT THE TRUCK?! How did I miss THIS?! Apparently Brian Boucher is now a member of the Sharks. I watched him when he played for Tri-City of the WHL and have followed him loosely the past few years. Another great addition, in my opinion, especially with Bouche playing in the AHL this season - I'm sure he's ready to show everyone he still belongs in the show.

No comments: