Thursday, January 24, 2008

Best of Both Worlds

With the brouhaha over the recent dismissal of John Ferguson JR reaching all time new heights even for Leafs Nation, it was nice to sit back and concentrate on watching a game. Thanks to a friend of mine who couldn't make it to tonight's Leafs/Caps tilt at ACC, my son and I snagged a pair of tickets - at cost! In a city where tickets for the entire season sell out on the first day of sales, that's no mean feat.

I'm a die hard Leafs fan but I have a soft spot for Russian hockey players, a la Ovechkin. This game did not disappoint, despite the Caps manhandling the Leafs. Ovechkin scored a beauty of a goal, but with 30 seconds left in a 2-2 game, none other than Captain Crunch himself, Mats Sundin, potted the GWG for the Leafs. Both Alexander the Great II and O Captain, My Captain buried the biscuit in the twine so I could be happy on all accounts.

1 comment:

Jucick said...

Hi, cool blog, congrats!

Let's exchange links, yours is at http://nhlhockeyimo.com/, hope you'll like it))

Please, contact me via jucick[at}gmail.com ASAP,thnx!