Monday, December 24, 2007

Clearly they've done SOMETHING right

You'll recall a month or so ago, when I was freaking out about my dear Dallas Stars playing horrifically (a 3 game home stand, in which they played division rivals and lost EVERY single one? NOT GOOD). Now, however, I'm on Cloud Nine.

The Stars sit firmly on top of the Pacific Division, with 46 points. They're second in the Western Conference, and third in the League, beaten only by Detroit and Ottawa. Since that previously mentioned homestand, they're 16-6-2. So now it's time for me to speculate on what they've done to change it.

You know what? I personally don't care WHAT they did to change it, all I care about is that they DID change it. I was sick of seeing my team lose. I was tired of hearing all the crap from Stars fans who complain all the time about everything, regardless of whether they're winning or losing. I was really tired of Antti Miettinen being called "Missthenetinen". Call him Missthenetinen NOW, jerkfaces! He's playing on the top line with Mike Ribeiro and Brenden Morrow, and is the only player who has managed to even somewhat fill the spot of Jere Lehtinen (who will be out until probably mid-January or early February due to a sports hernia).

I'm hoping they can keep this up for the rest of the season. I really like going to Stars games and seeing them win - it makes me feel less like I've wasted my money. So thanks, Stars, for this wonderful Christmas gift.

No comments: