Friday, November 02, 2007

What's Luck Got To Do With It??

I've been reading these superstitions posts all morning and I finally decided to get off my bum and write my own. Unfortunately, it's going to be rather boring because I, unlike all you crazy women with your ladders and mirrors and black cats, am not superstitious at all.

I certainly did not spend an entire winning streak last season clinging to a bracelet because 'lyke omg, it's totally lucky!' I also don't have a string of Coyote beads hanging from my rear view mirror that I talk to (sometimes lovingly, sometimes cursing) on my drive to games. I would never even think of wearing the same jersey/tshirt combo to every game because it was worn the night my 2 favorite players each scored.

I mean, seriously, these crackpots who think that somehow their own personal luck is tied into how well their teams do kill me. It's not like the team would suddenly go into utter despair if I took my bobble heads off my TV. I doubt that we would lose consistently if I moved the Shane Doan poster from behind my door.

It's just pure crazy talk.

But just in case, I'm going to re-hang my poster and glue down my bobble heads when I get home. :/

No comments: