Sunday, June 10, 2007

Promotions, demotions, and pink slips...

What do I think should happen? Does my opinion matter?

Michael Peca - Yes. The kicker is that he has to be willing to sign for cheap, but we need some seasoned players around to glue the rest of the kids together and turn them into a team, not just a bunch of guys skating in the same direction.
Jeff O'Neill - No...he hasn't really been the same after his brother died and I hear (read?) him and Maurice are not too fond of each other. I sort of feel that his employment prospects aren't that great if we don't take him back and I don't really want his career to end like this...I don't know.
Yanic Perreault - His name is a play on "panic." This has proved to be useful for Toronto media in the past.
Jean-Sebastien Aubin - I have a feeling he's not coming back, although I'm really not sure how the market for backup goalies look right now. My theory is, it's pretty clear that we have a goalie problem, but management is not going to get rid of Raycroft. So even though Aubin is...fairly competent as a backup, he's going to be let go so it'll look like they're working on it. In other words, action for the sake of action. But what do I know?
Travis Green - Barely noticed him. Bye.
Bates Battaglia - He battled back from the depths of the AHL and even managed to score a few goals. Unless we suddenly find ourselves blessed with a glut of goal-scoring forwards, he...uh...may be the next best thing to plug the gaps.

Antropov, thank goodness, was re-signed. You know, for a while there, I was getting nervous. I was thinking to myself, man, JFJ wouldn't be dumb enough to let that gem slip through his fingers, would he?
Okay, sarcasm aside, I'm kind of neutral on the guy. Yeah, he doesn't look like he's ever going to live up to his potential, but honestly, our entire team is made up of disposable players. He's all right, if you think of it from that context. He has gotten better.
And he has cute kids. Yes, I've looked. If that makes me less of a legitimate hockey fan, so be it. I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOUR JUDGING!
Besides, if we get rid of him, who's going to play on the first line? HAHA...*sigh*
I'm earnestly awaiting your magic, JFJ.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

No Panic Yanic!! Oh, I loved having him on our team! Although after his shoulder injury he started playing scared (understandably) and then just as he was getting back to old form he was traded. If you don't want him, can I have him back?? :)

Jordi said...

Cute kids add to the team's morale. Never think you'll be judged badly for that. Pronger's kids were so hideous that they were booed out of Edmonton.

Bethany said...

What about Sundin? He hasn't signed yet has he?

Bethany said...

Oh nevermind...

k.le said...

tracy: all right, but we're going to need another guy whose name we can make cheesy puns from...

jordi: i tried googling for a picture of pronger spawn. no dice. of course, pronger isn't exactly a 10, so i suppose the deck was stacked against the kids to begin with.

bethany: yay? hee hee...
i think sundin's in the option year of his contract but management is attempting to negotiate a new deal altogether, probably to save cap space.

Margee said...

Please re-sign Peca so he doesn'tcome to the Islanders and I have to pretend to like him again.

k.le said...

margee: what's wrong with peca? i like him ok. we didn't get him to score goals...and accordingly, he doesn't...haha