Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Semi-International Annual HLOG Meeting #2

I waited a bit hoping some eager HLOG-ger would gush about Carey Price's "stick handling" and Chipchura in a beard looks like Freddie Prinze Jr with an ugly stick. Honestly girls, must I do everything?

Nonetheless 4 Hloggettes dared to go where no person daring and all that went before. They decided to plan an event without me as the main attraction and offered me no peace offering beyond a sign that was drawn with a sharpie and Carey Price wasn't even looking! (besides his first words are not "Hi!", it's "I love you dearly and I will save the Habs franchise for you. (PS. I wish I could quit you!)")

Either way, Sherry, HG, Elly and Steph decided that they had to go to an AHL game - complete with all things that made up a meeting (I thought you're meant to make a glamour shot but apparently that wasn't part of the deal).


Read their accounts here, here and here.

Next HLOG meeting planned at Melbourne Australia. Everyone has to attend or risk eternal damnation and me braining you with a pen.

11 comments:

HG said...

You just hold your horses there woman. At least we (read: ME) thought of you and made a sign. We missed you.

Shmee said...

Next HLOG meeting in Australia? Land of blue skies, hiking, swimming and hard bodied men? Yes, I think I can make it.

Steph said...

You know, I thought about how I was supposed to kidnap Vesa for you, and then I thought about how maybe that could transfer to Carey Price, but then.......okay fine, fine, the Timmy's distracted me.

I STILL LOVE YOU JORDI :(

Miss. Scarlett said...

I already explained it to you, Jordi! There wasn't enough space in the car for a kidnapped goalie!

The Royal Family said...

Jordi, Sherry is right... Especially THAT goalie. He's a large guy.

Miss. Scarlett said...

McP - Interestingly enough, even though he's large, HG and I were remarking on how he's just so smushable.

Also, you might be able to provide some insight on this but does he not wear suspenders for his goalie pants? Because we were so distracted by how they seem to stick out at the back, leading to a tirade from me about how I hate it when players tuck in their jerseys at the back. Peter Schaefer does it, and it drives me bananas. I just have this urge to straighten it out. I swear I'm not OCD.

The Royal Family said...

Sherry - Very smushable. My mom, who rates the hugs of every hockey player who comes through our sliding glass door, says that he hugs, "Almost as good as Clayton Stoner." Which from my mother, is like being knighted.

You know, I really can't remember if he wears suspenders or not... I'll have to bust out some of Dad's photos from Skills Day and report back to you.

Jordi said...

Ahaha suspenders, next he needs a cowboy hat - whoops.

CapsChick said...

Jordi, if you can get your tushie over here in time for the preseason, I think we may just be having a midatlantic region gathering. Ovechkin-sightings could be on the agenda...I'm just saying, worth the price of a plane ticket, wouldn't you say?

Miss. Scarlett said...

McP - The hugging thing doesn't really mean much to me. I don't like hugs. I'm not a hugger. Hugs, in fact, sort of creep me out. Showing physical affection is a Scarlett Ice HQ faux-pas. Only towards animals. We're sort of British that way [if you've ever seen the cinematic masterpiece "What a Girl Wants"]

Jordi - What about a camou vest?

Jordi said...

I am rocking back and forth, going insane but... no. I mean it would be awesome yes but I a) have exams, b) am saving up for an even bigger blowout in the future and c) "Bye mum I'm going to the middle of the US to meet some friends I met online".

And I know I will be crying in the end :(.