Saturday, March 31, 2007

No sarcasm tags needed...

I'm not superstitious. I'm actually not. I park myself in front of the TV and I watch the game. I change the channel if they're boring, or if they're losing horribly. Nothing that I've done (or failed to do) has had any bearing on their success...or...lack of success.

But there's always an exception, isn't there?
The year before the lockout, there was a period of several weeks (possibly months, I don't remember) where I found that the Leafs would refuse to score if I was watching. If I went to the bathroom, they might score. Getting a drink, same thing. Missed a game? They'd win. If I stayed in my seat and watched the whole thing, they'd decline politely. It got to the point where when they'd lose, my friend would blame me. Didn't stop me from watching, though. I rationally figured it was just coincidence.
There, I just sucked all the fun out of the room.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

fun sucker : )