Monday, December 04, 2006

Captain Save-A-Ho

Howdy world, I'm Sasky fom the grand Old Land of OZ. I"m new around this blog but I've been on and off over at 8 Hour Trek to the Rink for a little while now. I'm a Bruins fan because they hold my most loves and I'm loyal even when they annoy me but there are so many other teams I love! You're unlikely to get a You guys suck from me! Oh and I play too.

1. Where you're from, what you do - basic things.

Born and Raised in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, the BEEF Capital of Australia. Though come February, I'll be in Brisbane (8 hours south, still the same state). I've just graduated high school and next year am going to Uni to study Arts/Law. Future Prime Minister of Austraaaaaaaalia.

2. Your team and why you like them
Oh dear god. I'm a player person more than a team person because I don't consistently get to see teams (Tomorrows Fox game one of 2 this week is Phoenix V Nashville? WTF? They're then replaying it on thursday morning at 3 am). But I'd say the Bruins. Why do I like them? Two reasons and they BOTH begin with B. Bergeron. Boyes. Initially it was Bergy and RayRay but.. *waves sadly*

3. Your least favourite team and why?
Um. Honestly, I totally don't know. I'm really not a big Rangers fan, Jaromir Jagr kinda creeeps me out. Something about his smile, and the hair and. yeah. Creepy.Not a big fan of either of the Florida teams, NJ, NYI.

4. Your favourite player of all time & now?
All time - Oh gee All time is like I mean the one I adore the most is always going to be Patrice Bergeron. But the one I idolise? Definatley Steve Yzerman. That's one of the first things i got taught in hockey. STEVE YZERMAN WAS GOD. He's the one active (well .. was) NHL'er that Australian inline players knew (beside the guy who's name was on their stick).
Now - Patrice Begeron, Brad Boyes, Andrew Raycroft, Christian Ehrhoff, Joni Pitkanen, Ilya Kovalchuk & Dany Heatley (They will always be ONE package in my head), The Leafy Trio.

5. If you had to punch one hockey player or member of the NHL organisation, who and why?
Last season it would have been any member of the Bruins coaching staff but this season I would have to say.... Oooh Geez. This IS a tough one. I dunno. Chris Pronger because hating onhim is a sport? Mark Bell for taking up space and not producing? Greg Campbell for being a dick?

6. What you'll be looking forward in this group blog.
To get to hang out and write and read with a group of ladies that love hockey as much as I do, like I do. A group that appreciates all aspects of the game in the way girls do.

7. What you don't like in general?
In General? Wow that's broad. Spiders. Stupid People. Homophobes.All -phobes and -ists that are bad.

8. What role do female fans play in keeping the game alive?
Because women unlike men do a FAR better job of being obsessive and sharing their passion for this game.

9. What role do female fans play in picking heroes for the community?
We pick heroes that might be more worthy. Not just for their play but for their contribution to the community, society, for their not being a skeez-ness.

10. Hockey just isn't the same without Steve Yzerman (and/or) hockey hair.

11. If you were on a deserted island, which player would you pick to stay with you?
Patrice Bergeron

12. Crosby, Ovechkin or Phaneuf (hey he tried!)?
I kinda don't mind all three. I'll say Crosby because watching him and Bergy and even them and Brad Boyes on a line was magic.

13. The player you'd like to take for:
A grand night out - Mark Smith - Because he would definatley definatley match my sense of style. Any one who has hair like that, and wears brown pinstrips with a vest and orange tie to their team photos. Oh yeah. Or Brad Boyes. I could watch those dimples all night.
A movie - Alex Bourret Mmmm he looks like someone you could have a good time with. Or Brad Boyes / Matt Stajan Got to love those innocent boys.
A boring event - Colby Armstrong - I'm pretty sure he'd be hella entertaining. The Chasing the Dream videos and everything else shows that.

14. If you could make your own team, regardless of whatever players, what would it be called and where will it be/how would it be like?
My own team, eh? Hmmm. Gosh I just don't know. I have to say I love my own team. Rocky Raiders represent!

1 comment:

Jordi said...

Great to see you in! And I agree, females do a far better job at obsessing!