Monday, October 09, 2006

I like questions.

1. Where you're from, what you do - basic things.
I was born in Peace River, Alberta, and I now reside (unfortunately) in a place called St. Albert. It's right next to Edmonton. I'm a university student.

2. Your team and why you like them
Les Edmonton Oilers. Why? Because I grew up near Edmonton. Wayne Gretzky! Dynasty! Igor Ulanov! And the coach will rip the tongue out of your mascott if it gets in his face.

3. Your least favourite team and why
I don't like the Flames. That seed was planted in my brain in childhood.

4. Your favourite player of all time & now
Can I pick Igor Ulanov? Yeah he's my favourite player of all time. Although, I hear Gretzky was pretty good, too. Now? Tjarnqvist. Unless by some loophole, I can still pick Ulanov.

5. If you had to punch one player or member of the NHL organisation, who and why
That's a tough one. Pronger is an obvious choice, of course. When you sign a multi-year contract, you're expected to honour it. While he never actually refused to play, his agent whined for a trade so Lowe traded him. People spent two hundred dollars on Pronger jerseys because they thought that is was a safe choice. And he ran off to Mexico while shit hit the fan. He's a coward. Also, I'm none too fond of Sean Avery.

6. What you'll be looking forward to in this group blog
I'll be looking forward to talking hockey, and learning to co-exist with fans of other teams.

7. What don't you like in general?
I don't like beets.

8. What role do female fans play in keeping the game alive?
By buying tickets to the games, and showing up in droves every time there is an autograph session. We also get to squeal a lot about hot players.

9. What role do female fans play in picking heroes for the community?
Females may pick positive female role models as heroes. Those, and hockey players who also tend to be stand up guys.

10. Hoskey just isn't the same without...
Noise!

11. If you were on a deserted island, which player would you pick to stay with you?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to pick former players. Yes? Ok then. Mr. Ulanov. But he can bring Tjarnqvist with him if he chooses.

12. Crosby, Ovechkin or Phaneuf?
Ovechkin. I can't get enough of Russian players.

13. The player you'd like to take for:
A grand night out - Brad Winchester. He seems like a classy ladyman.
A movie - Igor Ulanov
A Boring event - Ulanov again. I could just stare at my arm candy all night.

14. If you could make your own team, regardless of whatever players, what would it be called and where will it be/how would it be like?
You can fin it here. I would call it "Krasnokamsk Muscle." It would be the greatest team ever seen.

2 comments:

Alana said...

haha - you made me picture Winchester in a ballgown. In my mind, he looks like Bea Arthur.

Jordi said...

Crap I have no idea of Winnie's face anymore. All I remember is Marty's luscious lips.

I like dem Russians too! Lots!