Monday, December 27, 2010

HLOG Q&A Update with Christina

Today's Q&A update is with Christina, aka Lucky 13, one of HLOG's two NY Rangers bloggers.  You can read her original Q&A here.

1. What are you up to these days? Still blogging? Why or why not?
I’ve been in the workforce for a while, so here I still sit. Moved offices a couple of times, and now I’m nice and close to home. I’m still blogging, but it’s more like co-blogging. Originally, the blog (NYR Devotion - Some Like It Blue) started out with Kerri (the other HLOGger for the NYR), and over the last year or so two more women have joined us.

2. Have you changed team allegiances, or are you still in love with the team you represented on HLOG?
The Rangers are still my guys – true blue all the way. That’s not to say I haven’t followed other teams – see #4 below.

3. How do you feel about your team this year?
The jury is still out on this one. I mean I will always love them, but my feelings about how far they will go this year fluctuate. They are not consistent enough either way: they either have flashes of brilliance, or they don’t bother showing up for the game. As a long-time Ranger fan, I know it’s best to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

4. Who is your favorite player now?
I still love Jed Ortmeyer – hence my following other teams. I kept tabs on Nashville for 2 years, and San Jose last year, but for a while for this season, it was looking grim for my Orts. Luckily, thanks to Don Maloney (my other all-time favorite Ranger), Jed is playing for the Coyotes AHL affiliate, along with Petr Prucha and Ryan Hollweg. I’m still hopeful that he will make a return to New York (please oh please oh please).

5. Are we too old to use the term SQUEE?
Ack…it wasn’t really in my vocabulary anyway (in fact, never heard of it until I joined HLOG!), but I get the idea. I don’t think you ever get too old to use a term for that…situation. We just get less cryptic with the terms as we get older.

6. Do you feel that the role of the female fan in keeping the game alive or picking heroes in the community has changed any since you were on HLOG?
For me personally, it has. I see a lot more women’s hockey teams forming, more women latching onto the sport. But I don’t think we’re doing women’s advancement in sports any favors by continuing to have ice girls and cheerleaders (ugghh…so 1950s). That’s not my idea of building a female fan base. I love shocking guys by talking hockey bench trash with them. They never see it coming (cuz I'm just a girl!).

7. Hockey just isn’t the same without That stupid trapezoid!!! Dammit if the goalie’s going to leave the crease, he’s FAIR GAME!!! Man they are such divas: “You can’t touch me ‘cause I’m in my TRAPEZOID!” They have more padding than anyone else out there - let them get hit!

8. Favorite HLOG memory?
The online summit in July 2008.

9. How do you feel the blog community has changed since our HLOG days?
I think many people have switched to Facebook, Twitter and the like. But I’m old school and don’t care much for “social networks”. Hopefully, those will simply be an alternative to blogs, and not replacements for them.

10. Have you reached any milestones in the last few years, personally, that you’re willing to share with us all? Do you have any upcoming milestones in the foreseeable future? (ahem, wedding? baby? book deal? etc?)
Already married with kids, but I did finish my first ( and likely my last ) triathlon over the summer. Got three new kittens this summer, too. Didn’t lose my job (yet) – that’s an accomplishment these days.

No comments: