Friday, January 25, 2008

Confession Time

I am a horrible secret keeper, and hockey is no exception, so I've decided that it's time to make some confessions.

  • I have found that ever since I started frequenting the Untypical Girls blog, that I just don't have the same hatred for the Stars that I used to have, except on gameday. The girls tell hilarious stories about the team, I can almost forget that the Stars are team stealing/deserting sons of bitches.
  • Brett Lebda is hella cute. Matthew Lombardi as well.
  • Much as I like to call Penner a big [insert adjective here] oaf, he's really funny. Matt Greene too, minus the oaf part. He's turning out to be a pretty decent hockey player.
  • I'd like Naslund's autograph.
  • Brent Burns has really grown on me. He's still a goober, but he's a polite goober who's turning into a stud defenceman.
  • I have found something to like about the Devils again: Zach Parise. It used to be Niedermayer, but I've bitched about him enough to make my point clear. Brodeur is still a smug bastard.
  • I adore Andy McDonald, I even did when he played for the Ducks.
  • The Kings are my adopted West Coast team. I used to make fun of them, but now I'm slowly becoming a fan.
  • Same thing with the Senators. I used to mock them as being a fake Canadian team, unworthy compared to the Leafs/Habs, etc, but now I can name almost every player on the roster. I still don't like them as well as the Habs, but I like them better than I did.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Any time I can contribute in getting someone to NOT hate the Stars, I'm pleased.

Eleanor said...

I have found something to like about the Devils again: Zach Parise.

Glad to hear it! Of course, he's hardly done anything to make any fan base dislike him, except mabye the Rangers, Islanders, Edmonton and Tampa Bay. Hm. That list is longer than I thought! Anyway, I'm sure Zach is happy to hear you like him and is having Boxworthy hand deliver a thank-you fruit basket as we speak. You should get it in, oh, about 6 months!

I'm just going to ignore the comment about Marty! :P