Friday, July 06, 2007

Tribute to JR

To lighten the mood, I present you my Tribute to JR.

I know it's old news, but I just had to make a tribute to JR. While I was less than thrilled to have him in a Kings jersey a couple seasons ago I did appreciate his time in the league. He used to be a pretty damn good hockey player...it was just 10 years ago, not one or two. He was so good in fact, that I actually kept his hockey cards out in the binder pages and not lost in the stacks of commons along with the likes of Randy Carlyle (Score card, Jets jersey, no helmet) and Bryan Hayward (Sharks franchise team, therefore, no action shot, just your typical high school photo shoot). I dug up all of his cards that I could find without spending too much time. During the photoshoot my bf asked, "Oh, are you taking pictures so you can sell them on ebay?" To which I laughed and almost snorted from the hilarity of that question. "No, sweetie, I'm going to make a tribute to JR!" And by tribute, I mean, kiddie art. I don't have photoshop and my Paint skills are limited, but I did the best I could. Now kids, don't go stealing this and sell it on ebay. I know it's a work of art but it's mine...all mine!

x-posted to Purple Crushed Velvet

5 comments:

k.le said...

i'm going to miss roenick.
at least he's got that acting career to fall back on...

Tracy said...

Since he was a Coyote last I probably should have done this huh? Well, technically I did, just didn't post it here. Maybe I should... I suck at this job. :)

Jordi said...

I'm going to look forward to him blaming everything on equipment problems!

Marie said...

K: I think he would be a better broadcaster/analyst. Maybe he can replace Hull.

T: I just wanted to do something funny and since posting was slow on this site I put it up here.

J: I should have added that to my collage! I can't wait till he starts doing interviews about why he retired.

Tracy said...

Mark my words, it'll be because the Coyotes ruined him by letting him go out to dinner... lol.