Saturday, April 07, 2007

Heather B stole the title to this post...

See below.

Anyway.
The Leafs won. I'm sorry, Jordi (and Justice)...
It was too intense for me to watch the whole way through. I had to tune in on the radio halfway through the second period, although it turned out to be worse because I'd be getting instant messages going "YEAHH!" or "NOOOO!" before the radio had caught up to the action.
So both teams blew a 2 goal lead, and they were clearly trying their hardest to kill me, but I'm happy to say I've persevered. I had to channel-cycle for the last 3 minutes though. Other teams can tie us with 4 seconds left in the game...I was going insane and I really didn't think I could take something like that. I have to give them credit for this game. The Leafs have been known to give up trailing by one goal.

So now...hope and pray Brodeur will be in net against the Islanders tomorrow? Will that even be enough?

4 comments:

Miss. Scarlett said...

Congratulations, k.le...good luck with Buffalo in the first round!

That being said...

Go Islanders!

Steph said...

Here's to hoping that tomorrow will pass without a hitch and I'll have an Eastern team to cheer for after all!

(Tonight's game was absolutely insane by the way, I can't believe I managed to get a feed of it - entirely in French for two periods haha - let alone the way it turned out. I liked the interview with Mats afterward where they suggested he send Lamoriello a fruit basket and ask him to please start Brodeur.)

Paige said...

Go Islanders!

As a Sabres fan, I think we could beat the Isles more easily than being beat up in the first round by the Leafs. I hope they give Brodeur a nice break.
(Hey, that's sort of a compliment, right?)

Heather B. said...

Paige: Eh, I think we're good for the first round. Montreal was the team I was the most worried about and they're out. I think Toronto will knock us around but I don't think that's going to work over a 7 game series. They don't have the talent we do, especially with all our guys back. They'll be playing a totally different team than the one they played in the last two games of the season - tough to argue that we played our best hockey then, you know?

Should be fun finding out though! It's been cool watching the season go down to the wire.