Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Brief Message From the Post Season Insanity


So... hope you guys don't mind that I'm taking a break from the post-season insanity to post about something that I'd like everybody to know about. If you read my blog, you've probably read about the story I posted about a young Senators fan named Elgin-Alexander Fraser. Elgin was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a rare childhood cancer. He's been through all sorts of treatment and the cancer went into remission but a year later, doctors discovered a tumor in his spinal cord.

Despite all the buzz surrounding the team making the post season, the boys still took some time to skate him. A few fans read about their story and have decided to put together a donation in Elgin's name. I've talked to the young lady who organized this. Her name is Lydia and she is thrilled by all the support and attention it's been getting. So if you'd like to get involved, you can e-mail her, or if you have Facebook there's also a group you can join for more info. Anyways, sorry for the brief detour we took but I said I would help get the word out and figured there might be some ladies here that would be interested in helping out.

Back to your regular scheduled programming! i.e. GO SENS GO!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I saw that article a couple days ago and thought it was just wonderful (albeit depressing).

And what a great thing to put together a donation like this as well.

Heather B. said...

That photo is to die for. So dang cute. I'm definitely going to check it out so thanks for sharing, Sherry.