Thursday, March 22, 2007

If this can't bring home a cup...

I can't talk right now because of my strep throat, but I can still type! Sorry it has been so long since I've posted, but now I've got the chance with a few sick days.

Anyways... here is my dream team. It's pretty convoluted with Sabres, but what can I say? I love my team.

Offense
Malkin - Crosby - Afinogenov: These are some of my favorite players, and there is a lot of chemistry between Crosby and Malkin. I just threw Afinogenov in there because I love him so, and being with those guys would really boost his points. ;)

Hossa - Briere - Heatley: I can't take credit for this brilliant idea. It was actually Lindy Ruff's idea during the All-Star game. Unfortunately, I can't deny the chemistry between Briere and a SEN! (dun, dun, dun...) They racked up 12 points at the game, so I'd have to consider it.

Kozlov - Eric Staal - St. Louis: There's no real reason for this match up, just sort of like the way they play. They tend to be hard-working guys, and with that kind of points, they're bound to do amazingly.

Jagr - Lecavalier - Demitra: I figured that with a veteran like Jagr, and the one man team of Lecavalier, this would work out. Demitra is mainly there because he is a steady player, and I need someone to be awesome in the shootout.

Defense
Phaneuf - Campbell - Reghr - Markov - Pronger - Malik - Tallinder: These guys are all amazing. I like a descent mix of aggressive offense that will make the play for the goals, and still have some solid guys in back. I really don't know who'd I put out together. Probably one aggressive guy and one really defensive guy when it's 5-on-5.

Goalies
Luongo: This guy is just insane. He makes some saves that I didn't believe to be possible, and he seems to play a major role in keeping the Canucks strong.
Miller: My Millsy is just always there, plus I'd have to play him for every possible shootout. It's quite insane to have him as back-up, but hey, it's a dream team! Miller is what is holding the Sabres together, and you can depend on him through everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

strep, yuk
Remember to clean your keyboard and cell phone or you might re-catch it.

Ellie said...

i don't know if i'd say there was a natural chemistry between crosby and malkin. both of them are used to center so it took a while for malkin to get used to being crosby's wing on occassion. but things on the ice seem to be better between them lately.

i liked the hossa - briere - heatley line - that was fun to watch : )

Bethany said...

I'm sorry I hate Crosby so much, but the rest of your team is golden...especially the Heatley, Briere, and Hossa line haha.

Anonymous said...

No Nicklas Lidstrom on defense?