Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What I love? What I hate?

Okay it's not the creative challenge but a huge bought of insomnia has just bowled me over and I am a little weird. Credit to Sasky for giving me the original photo and sending chills down my spine.

I kind of wanted to boil down the challenge to the only way I know how. I like - no love hockey. I do have my problems but compared to the overall product, it often dissolves to something insignificant.

Because it's that feeling you know? The crushing defeat or the unified glory. The way great men cry or simple ones become legends. It is the men whom you hate to love or love to hate that fuel your hunger. Each game is often a jumbled mess of randomosity sometimes, or sometimes it morphs into that perfect game.

And you fight for what? Pride? Money? Fame? All are pretty good actually. (though hot chicks ain't too bad)

And you as well weep. You weep for a loss, you tear yourself over your team. You don't know whether to laugh or yell at the mess.

Yeah it can be pretty spiritual at times but nothing too deep. Hockey is just simply glorious.

This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath

3 comments:

E said...

that's lovely, and somehow very comforting.

HG said...

ditto.

Sasky said...

Adore