Sunday, January 07, 2007

TML - A Soundtrack to the Season

I cheated. This is based on song titles only. But I'm so far behind on these challenges that I think I'm justified...

Preseason
If I had a Million Dollars - Barenaked Ladies
He'd probably need more than that to sign everyone he wants AND stay under the cap, but literal interpretations aside, this is JFJ's theme song in the offseason.

September - Earth, Wind and Fire
Not quite the beginning of the season, but for the hockey deprived, preseason games can be a godsend.

Wake me up when September Ends - Green Day
And not a second later.

Season
Rocky Theme
So they win a few games and they're not actually at the top of the standings? It doesn't matter, cause it feels like they are!

We're Not Gonna Take it - Twisted Sister
What the Leafs should be listening to during a losing streak.

Raise a Little Hell - Trooper
For all those times we thought they couldn't do it...and somehow they defy expectations and manage to blow the opposition into oblivion.

Crap Game in New York - Frank Sinatra
Of course, we couldn't expect that to last, could we? The song title references New York but could be anywhere, really.

Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver
Both offensively and defensively.

Playoffs (if they get there)
I Believe in Miracles - Barry White
When theoretically, it (whether it be making the playoffs, or winning a series in the playoffs) is still possible.

Too Little Too Late - Barenaked Ladies
Sometimes, they really start trying when it's not going to make a difference.

End of Season
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - Jack Johnson
2007 makes it 40 years.

1 comment:

Jordi said...

Ahaha I remember when I gave my uncle a Jack Johnson CD for christmas so he would STOP fucking playing the Justin Timberlake CD (I kid you not) and he just stared at the CD and was like "who the hell's this guy?"

I believe in miracles!