Okay I spent so long trying to think of the url and the title is not the official title. It's only there till we can all agree on what to choose. And the hlog thing? hockeylog=hlog. Haha. We can move if it gets lame. This is just the working space and since the season is starting soon I felt that it was crucial to try to do this before I get lazy, people get bored and two years later we're all going "remember that crazy idea?".
Anyhow the title - help decide one people! Plus the "winners read books" was the title of the article with Roli & Pisani reading Green Eggs and Ham with their offspring. I just put it there because I can't seem to think of anything decent and it was funny at the time. Maybe we should have something like "winners read hockey". Now you guys try with lame titles.
Additionally I'd like to make little fifty word sections on the sidebar for each member of the group - just to lighten it up a little. I'll mess around and then maybe we can get something started. And as well make it a little organised and make clear of what teams and who's for who.
However here's the first couple of questions you should answer when you join and it should be your introductory post - feel free to change bits and pieces and whatever happens:
- Where you're from, what you do - basic things.
- Your team and why you like them
- Your least favourite team and why?
- Your favourite player of all time & now?
- If you had to punch one hockey player or member of the NHL organisation, who and why?
- What you'll be looking forward in this group blog.
- What you don't like in general?
*EDIT* 2 new fun questions!
- What role do female fans play in keeping the game alive?
- What role do female fans play in picking heroes for the community?
Bonus I don't know what else to add questions:
- Hockey just isn't the same without ___
- If you were on a deserted island, which player would you pick to stay with you?
- Crosby, Ovechkin or Phaneuf (hey he tried!)?
- The player you'd like to take for a grand night out/a movie/a boring event
- If you could make your own team, regardless of whatever players, what would it be called and where will it be/how would it be like?
And for the time being, the theme/topic of the moment is: For whatever reason, who will win the Cup next year? Based on your own selfishness and what you saw in preseason (standings & stats)