Thursday, January 25, 2007

Holy Roli, what a goalie!

All goalies are crazy, and who can blame them? They're all wound up so tightly, they're bound to snap sooner or later. There are many different levels of craziness among goalies, however, and Edmonton's goalie might find himself somewhere in the middle.

He certainly doesn't come from the Patrick Roy school of talking to the goal posts, but Dwayne Roloson has a temper (although not even close to that of Giguere on a bad day). He continues to get little or no help from the Edmonton's embarassing squad of defensemen, and Roli's frustration can rear its ugly head. My favourite Roli-losing-it moment, was the time that he stuck his stick between (I think it was) Rick Nash's legs and pulled him down. I'm glad he doesn't have to play against Ryan "Ass-in-your-face" Smyth. For the time being, anyhow.

Roloson likes to combine sports. He's my hero.

2 comments:

HG said...

I think Roli takes the crazy cake, hands down.

Jordi said...

Hells yeah, I've never heard a goalie more hated right now than Roli. My favourite part of him was when he almost wanted to take down Cheechoo for crashing into him... Or was it the bit where he demanded those girls to come out and scrape ice off his crease because he felt they didn't do it enough.