Sunday, June 17, 2007

Capital Punishment...

Oh playoff pools. The joys of picking right and the pains of picking wrong. Well I guess I picked wrong too many times and find myself having to write nice things about the Washington Capitals. For more details check out CapsChick's blog. And since I don’t have the time or energy for a blog of my own, you lovelies get to read my praise. So here goes:

"Five Ways the Washington Capitals Have Made My Life Better"
By Ellie H.
  1. One of the first hockey games I ever went to was against the Caps. I don’t remember how old I was but I do remember the cries for “Ooooolieeee, Ooooolieeee”. There must have been a large amount of Caps fans there that night. Or maybe the Pens fans were mocking him. I was too young to really know what was going on. But I did enjoy my first time watching Olie the Goalie live.

  2. This picture (thanks to Elly and Steph for posting it on their blog originally):




    And yes I will admit that is picture was my desktop background for a solid month this season. Usually my backgrounds are Penguins related but this brought a smile to my face every time I opened my computer.

  3. This commercial:

    “I love you like a fat kid loves cake.”

  4. “The Goal”. “The Goal” is one of those moments in hockey that cause your jaw to drop open and an expression similar to “Whoa Shit! – did that just really happen?!?” to come out of your mouth. It is one of those things that make you thank the hockey gods for things like instant replay and you tube videos so that you may watch its beauty over and over again.

  5. Yellow hockey laces. They make me want a pair of hot pink laces which I’ve decided is going to be my present to myself when I learn how to skate well this winter.

All right enough of that - back to reality - GO PENS!

6 comments:

KMS2 said...

How have I never seen that commercial?? Ovechkin commercials are the best.

Jordi said...

No, Ovechkin are the best. Period.

Sasky said...

i have pink hockey laces (pale pink ones)

They're the shizbang!

(pitty you can't see them from beneath my goalie pads*

k.le said...

darn it, ellie...i don't have a blog either...what am I supposed to write about now? you took all the good ideas! haha...

Shmee said...

An awesome post! You know you are coming over to our side....:)

Also, have you seen the out take's of that commercial? Hilarious. I can dig it up for you if you are interested.

Ellie said...

k.le - i did take all the obvious caps stuff - sorry!!! maybe you can do something on AO?

shmee - i haven't seen the out takes but i'm def. interested!